Body for Life and Me

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I was Honored to have the chance to Visit Julie's Grave

It was Friday the 13th, the same weekend of the EXpo in Denver. We had arranged to visit my oldest daughter Robin ,son-in-law Steve and grandkids, Katy and Stevie in Richmond, Virginia

We passed Marion on the way there. I wasn't sure where the cematery or Church was but I knew it was Bradley's Funeral Home so we went there. They were extremely nice and said Julie was actually in Chihowie a few miles from Marion
They gave us directions and we went to visit Julie's grave.

It was an experience that touched me and I'll carry close to my heart. I never met Julie in person, but thru pm's on Tracker and e-mails and 2 phone calls I felt that I knew her well. We had many things in common and we shared alot together in just the short time that I knew her. We talked about our scars on our stomach. Julie's from her feeding tube and mine from a feeding tube as a baby, as I was born with an esphogus.
When I arrived at the grave side it was a beautiful day, sunny and calm, I stooped down and talked to Julie for a few minutes. I told her how A website was created in her hornor and how thousands of people were dedicating their Body for Life Challenge in her honor as well. I touched the grass and said Julie, we will all CARRY the TORCH for you, just like you wanted. Suddenly the wind picked up and blew pretty hard. It was indeed, as Stephanie Workman said, Julie's way of answering me that she knew, was happy I was there and saying look, I am breathing a breathe of Heaven.

I feel very blessed to have had the chance to visit Julie's grave, I would have called Matt, but I was afraid of upsetting him, he is so emotional and fragile right now. I did call his sister Amy, but didn't get an answer.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger chantal2bfit said…

    Thank you for sharing. Julie has been and will always be one of my heroes.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said…

    Thank you for sharing.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger zooman said…

    Linda, thanks for sharing that, it made me really think about what a great inspiration she still is and will always be, and I also thought of Matt and what he is going through.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home