Body for Life and Me

Saturday, February 18, 2006

What is Body for Life all about???


Body for Life....To some it's a Program to get or stay fit, to be or become the best that you can. It's an Exercise routine, it's a diet, it's a website, it's a place to meet and chat with people that have the same fitness desire as you. It's a way of Life, a Body for Life. But to me, Body for Life is so very much more. It's about Believing in yourself, it's about trying and doing what you believe in. To work towards filling a dream that is held deep in your heart and achieving that dream. It's about inspiring others to learn a way to achieve their dreams too.
It's about caring, sharing and embracing a person just like you by encourageing them to be the best that they can be too.
It's about a website, a group of people that bond together over their beliefs, post, Im, Pm, e-mail, or snail mail and become friends. Friends that bond for Life and you know even when you feel alone, that they are right there with you cheering you on.
Through my Body for Life Journey I have met some incrediable people, people just like me, that have turned their life around for one reason or another and we have found each other. Miles apart, different ways of living, different in so many ways yet exactly the same in one belief, to be the best that we can be and to inspire each other to do the same. Some of the BFLer's I have come to know have become some of my best friends.
Tracy Jeffries and Ray George sent me a care package during Hurricane Katrina. A box packed with goodies and surprises that not only cheered me up but encouraged me to continue my BFL journey. They showed me that there were people I didn't even know about that were waiting at the finish line for me to cross over and Say " I GOT*HER*DONE!!! This was just the 1st of the many surprises I have recieved from so many wonderful lifers. I wear my most cherished pieces of jewerly everyday. My BFL bracelet, my Believe Bracelet inspired from Our Beloved Julie Whitt, The Weightlifting necklace inscribed " I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me" that Tracy sent to me along with her Challenge Shirt and a Sweat shirt from her Health Club in Idaho
I also cherish and wear The Beautiful 24k Gold challenge Pin Shelly Wilson sent me. Shelly sent to to me saying that this pin was my recongnition as an inspiring lifer.
The wonderful surprise cards and notes of inspiration I recieve in the mail from Christie Berlin, the help I constantly recieve from Larry Franscarelli on how to post and set up blogs and photos.
Body for Life has become a part of my life, not just the exercise, the 6 meals a day or the water. It's about waking up and there is a message in your mail box on one website from someone you don't even know telling you that you inspired them and just wanted to say thanks. The Pm on another site that says I just want to say You look great! The messages from the champions that actually call me a champ. The cyber hugs and the I can't wait to meet you messages. The BFL Creed that we are all putting to the test to learn and help us become our best self.
The help, guidence, the passion to be a family, a body for Life Family. Yes, Body for Life is more then just an exercise program, Body for Life is my life, I proud to be a part of it and pray that someday I can be a spokesperson for BFL so I can put my best foot forward and speak out about the Day Body for Life lead me on a life time journey that is deep in my heart and carried wherever I go to keep the fire burning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home