Body for Life and Me

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My Princess Topanga

This is my baby " Topanga " Tp is a white highland terror mix breed.
At the end of last year when I had to put my Weimaraner "Heidi" to sleep I began my search for a new house dog. We decided on a smaller dog this time, I wanted one that I could hold in my lap, my husband wanted one around 20 lbs that wasn't a big moose and that wasn't too little that you trip over her. Sarah and the Grandkids wanted a fluffy dog.
So I began my search,looking up what was the perfect dog for our family. After figureing out what would be the perfect pet for everyone we decided on the white highland terrier that was a mix breed so we could adopt her from a shelter.
I looked online for weeks, , one night at 2:00in the morning, I got on line and was searching on find a pet. I found my dog. It was love at 1st sight, I wanted this dog. She was exactly what I wanted and she looked like the name we all decided on
to name her "Topanga" would fit her perfect.
She was at a Vet In Ocean Springs, Ms, 3 hr drive away, I e-mail the vet office right then at 2 in the morning. I said I was interested and told her about our family and wanted more info on the puppy, who's name was "FLUFFY"
That next morning the lady from the vet called me and said another couple was also interested and was coming from Hattisburg to see her and probably adopt her. She suggested we drive up to see the pupply because you never know they might not adopt her. Bill and I left almost imediantely, and drove up there. When we arrived there were dogs everywhere, cute adorable dogs, but I spotted Topanga, I whispered to Bill, that's her that that girl is holding.
I walked over and the girl and her parents and others were all saying how cute she was, my heart was already breaking, I knew I would not get her. I stood there looking at all the other dogs and all of a sudden Topanga jumped out of the girls arms and ran up to me, I bent down and said, Hi, you are so adorable, I wish I could take you home Topanga and she snuggled up to me. The other people went inside to sign the paperwork , the vet came out ans explained they got there 1st and she was so sorry, and has never had this happen before where 2 familys came at the same time to adpot the same dog. we understood and started to leave. The the Vet called us back and said wait, the girls mother came over to me and said, It looks to us that this puppy is 100% of what you are looking for and to tell the truth she is only about 99% of what my daughter wanted, she handed me Topanga and said you can adopt her, Happy New Year.
I was so excited, the vet asked why they changed their mind and she said they wanted a smaller dog, Topanga was 19 lbs, just what Bill wanted.
We signed the papers and brought her home.
We have had alot of dogs on this farm, alot I loved dearly for a long long time, but Topanga seems to be the best one we ever had. Beautiful, playful, loving, smart and part of our family.
I wish I knew the people that didn't adopt her that day, so I could tell them thank you so much, maybe some one that reads this will know who I am talking about and it will get back to them that Topanga has a very loving home and we all all happy, and I hope they found the puppy of their dreams too. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home